Friday 20 January 2012

Organisation....

A long, hard day of work yesterday, lots of paperwork but I was rewarded with this sunset at the end of it. A wee trip into Leicester at lunchtime broke up the day which had started at 8am. I am raring to go now, just waiting on a few tools and materials being delivered.


The view from my workshop.

Today, I tried to update my website but Flash and me don't mix! So I gave up and went into my workshop to sort out my space.


My toolbox was first on my list.

It is amazing what you find in a toolbox you've had for nearly 12 years! I remember at University every term Walsh would come for the 2nd years to pick their tools and I always had to buy something. Usually something I didn't really need. Did I really need 2 of my own ring mandrels in 3rd year? Probably not!



I don't even know what these are! I think they are a carborundum stone, an abrasive rubber polishing block and a stone used to take off fire stain (I can't remember what it's called!)







I found a huge stash of scrap silver which is a bonus.









This is apparently what happens if you fill a jar with excess cold enamel over 8 years then smash the jar!








This most important part of the process, I have my jars sorted out.
Soldering equipment, scrap metal and pliers.






My bench is taking shape now.


No comments:

Fans